Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Beginnings and Endings

Sunday night was Joel and Scott's birthday, and the crew went over to the Chase house to celebrate with Cheesecake, presents, ice cream, and glorious decaffeinated coffee.

Joel and Scott proceeded to convince me that blogging was the best thing ever, and that I would totally be missing out if I didn't join their world. Stef had a point, I'm not quite sure what I'll write about (I woke up at 6:15am this morning. I was tired. I hit the snooze button. I finally got up at 6:30. I took a shower and made coffee......), or who will have time to read it, but if nothing else, it gives me a reason to read something more interesting than emails at work.

It was a good night, but slightly depressing considering the impending and inevitable tragedy of friends moving away. It's really sad actually. Brian and I started dating right around the time Scott and Stef, and Joel and Katie got married, and we've been missing out on the whole married couple hanging out thing. Now that Brian and I are getting married in less than a month, the group's getting split up. *sigh*

Relationships are frustrating...and beautiful. They're so fluid and unpredictable. You invest and pour into one another, never knowing which ones will stick around and which will fade over time. It's always a gamble. Not that I think our friendships will fade (We all know that with Joel and Brian that is simply not an option), but it does make me sad that there never seems to enough time to go as deep as you want. Even if we were all staying in the same city, there wouldn't be enough time. Never the less, I am extrememly stoked for the success of my friends, but saddened that they'll be in a different state instead of just a different side of the city.

I'm gonna miss you guys...truly.

-Kristy

2 comments:

Joel Mayward said...

Welcome to the blogging world! We love you guys too! I am so excited that you and Brian are getting married, and so eager to see how God uses you to shape our world for His kingdom. I've added your blog to my blogging links, and will check back religiously.

Katie said...

Kristy,
Thank you for your kind words. We are going to miss you guys so much too. I have come to truly love when Joel and I spend time with you and Brian, you are incredible friends. Always know that we have a room available anytime you wish to visit! Welcome to the "world of marriage" Joel and I couldn't be happier for you and Brian. The six of us will still hang out; it will just look a lot different. Maybe we can all meet in Disneyland one year, or go on vacation together... ahh the years to come and the fun we will have.