Monday, October 8, 2007

The One Where We Were Married

OK, so.....the past month has pretty much been insane!

Brian and I were married September 30th, left for Maui on October 2nd, came back on the 6th, were home for a couple of days, and then took off again for a business trip I had with my work (that'll be another blog soon) for a whole week. We've been back for a week now, and it's so good to be home!

It's funny....people keep asking us what it's like to be married, but the thing is, neither of us really feel like we've been experiencing married life because we spent 75% of the first month of our marriage off the main land. It doesn't seem like we'll really experience that until we've been home for a while and start to learn how to live with one another...the proverbial "end of the honeymoon."

Note: I don't mean that in a bad way at all! It's just part of the process of realizing how self-centered we are, being willing to let go of the little things, and loving each other unconditionally even in the face of differences. Even tiny differences....I.E. I like five million blankets on me while I sleep, Brian goes with one to zero. I'm a "clean up as you go" dinner maker, Brian's a "do the dishes after you've finished eating" dinner maker. It takes me anywhere from 1/2 hour to an hour to get ready in the morning, it takes Brian a solid five minutes. It's just all those things we couldn't have learned about each other just from dating.

On the other hand, we've been having a blast! I've basically been with the man 24/7 for the past month, and I still can't get enough of him. It's been awesome to be able to travel together, to put our house together, and best of all, no going to bed alone at night. That is probably the single handily most common thing I hear from young Christian married couples....and it's sooo true. There's nothing better than going to sleep next to the person you love and waking up to them again the next morning.

No more late nights where we're both exhausted but stay out for a couple more hours just to be together. No more "accidentally" falling asleep on the couch during a movie, then waking up and having to drive home at 3:00 in the morning. No more saying "goodbye" followed by going home. Seriously.....it's the best thing ever!

All in all, this is without a doubt the best/scariest/most exciting thing that could've possibly happened to us. We have so much more to learn about each other, and we have our entire lives to figure out how to love eachother well. Brian is amazing and I could not have married a better man. His selflessness and passionate love astound me every day. I am truly blessed.

**You can see more pictures from the honeymoon and wedding at www.myspace.com/krittymack

2 comments:

Katie said...

Kristy,
I hardily agree with everything that you have said. I love being married! The best part is that is just gets better! Those first few months are amazing, but I am learning that each season has its own incredible learning experiences! And I still love falling asleep and waking up next to the man I love. This is my favorite thing about being married as well! Thanks for updating us on the past month! P.S. Your pics are beautiful.

Cam-Fu said...

I wish we could have seen the wedding. Darn baby! However, I'm glad that we finally got to meet you. We really want to get together sometime in the near future to get to know you better, and catch up with Brian. Hope you guys had a safe ride back down last night. Talk to you later.